Топ-3 лучших выбора
|#1.Tron Bike||#2. Kokua||#3. FUNNY WHEELS|
Any parent understands how important physical development is for a child. Someone sends children to circles, and someone just takes them for walks. But how to develop kids who are just about to learn to walk? The balance bike will be a great helper in such a situation.
Rating of balance bikes - TOP-20
|For babies||1||Tron Bike|
|2||Cruzee UltraLite 12″|
|6||FUNNY WHEELS Rider Sport|
|For 2-3 years||1||Puky LR model M|
|2||TechTeam Milano 2.0|
|4||GLOBBER Go Bike|
|5||Runbike Beck ALX|
|2 to 5 years||1||RIDE PHANTOM 12″ Pulsar|
|2||Strider 12 sports|
|3||Triumf active al1201|
|4||Bike8 Racing EVA|
|5||JETCAT 14 Race Pro|
|6||Kokua LIKEaBIKE jumper|
|8||Forest kids Roly-poly|
|9||Blade Sport Bos101|
Check the country of origin of the bovel by the barcode:
Check any product online:
The best balance bikes for kids
If you decide to purchase such a bicycle without pedals and for your child, you should choose a high-quality, comfortable and durable model. Especially for you, we have compiled the top 6 best balance bikes for kids, their descriptions, pros and cons.
Undoubtedly, it is worth highlighting the modern, fashionable appearance of the Tron Bike balance bike. The exclusive design is based on the prototype of the motorcycle from the movie “Tron”. It looks like it came from the future! Glossy, impact-resistant, plastic body is not afraid of collision with obstacles, as well as moisture and dirt.
Read also: rating of sun loungers for newborns
Delight, happiness, admiration, surprise - you will read these emotions in the eyes of a child when you hand him the transport of the future! And the question of what to do on a walk will disappear by itself. Weight 6.4 kg.
- has LED backlight;
- musical accompaniment;
- bluetooth speaker;
- makes the walk unforgettable.
- too much attention (if this is a minus for you);
Cruzee UltraLite 12″
Cool runner. Its frame is made of aluminum alloy, the tires are made of environmentally friendly EVA polymer product. This pedalless bike can be used from 1.5 to 5 years. The only restriction is that the weight of the child should not exceed 35 kg.
- durability - the model is made of high quality materials;
- aluminum alloy is impact resistant;
- it is possible to adjust the height of the saddle and steering wheel;
- the bike weighs only 2 kg, so parents can easily carry it from place to place;
- the large diameter of the wheels creates good shock absorption when traveling on rough roads with bumps and pits;
- The assortment includes 8 bright colors of frames, and any child will find a balance bike to their liking.
- there is no rudder limiter.
Model designed for the smallest (from 1 year to 2.5 years). The balance bike frame is made of non-toxic plastic, the tires are made of rubber. Children with a height of 75 cm and a weight of up to 25 kg will be able to ride on it. In this balance bike, only the saddle is adjustable. The minimum height at which it can be placed is 22 cm, and the maximum height is 25 cm. The diameter of the wheels is 15 cm.
- Chillafish Bunzi balance bikes are equipped with a 2-in-1 transformation mechanism: two rear wheels can be combined into one, getting a two-wheeled bike from a three-wheeled one;
- the weight of the pedalless bike is only 2 kg, and for convenience it has a handle for which it can be carried;
- there is a trunk in the back;
- an abundance of colors - in stores you can find models of five colors: green, green with black, red, pink and blue.
- small wheel diameter
- the plastic of which the frame is made is easily damaged;
- there is no way to adjust the height of the steering wheel.
A model that is suitable for children from 1.5 to 5 years. When it is created, plastic is used for the frame and polyurethane foam - gas-filled plastic - for solid tires. The maximum weight that this model can withstand is 25 kg. Wheel diameter is approximately 25 cm.
- due to the fact that the tires are made in one piece, they do not need to be inflated and they are not afraid of punctures;
- large-diameter tires cope with road roughness and soften the ride on relief asphalt;
- adjustable seat height and steering wheel.
- the plastic on the frame cracks easily;
- there are only two colors.
Another balance bike from the "for the smallest" category. The manufacturer recommends buying it for children aged 1.5 to 2.5 years. The main requirement is that the height of the future user of a cross-country bike should be 83-95 cm, and the weight should not exceed 20 kg.
Read also: which walker is best for baby
The frame is made of steel and the wheels are made of EVA-PVC. The balance bike is equipped with three wheels; front diameter - 22.5 cm, two rear - 15 cm.
- the steel frame will withstand any blows;
- the seat height changes according to the smart Smart Turn mechanism that allows you to adjust the seat height (27-29 cm) so that the distance between the steering wheel and the saddle is always the same, and it is comfortable for the baby to hold on;
- there is a speedometer on the seat; it does not perform special functions, but it will definitely help the kid feel like a real racer and make him even more interested in the balance bike.
- small diameter wheels;
- few colors (blue and pink).
FUNNY WHEELS Rider Sport
A versatile balance bike designed for both toddlers and preschoolers. The frame of this model is made of plastic, the tires are made of rubber, using one-piece technology. The maximum weight that it can withstand is 50 kg.
- tires made using one-piece technology cannot be punctured;
- this is the lightest balance bike of the entire top; its weight is only 1.9 kg;
- due to the large weight that the balance bike can withstand and the wide handlebar (30 cm), this model is the best balance bike for large or adult children;
- initially the model has three wheels, but two rear wheels can be combined into one;
- the height of the steering wheel and saddle can be adjusted: the minimum height of the steering wheel is 41 cm, the seat is 28 cm, and the maximum is 44 cm and 31 cm, respectively;
- The fork connecting the front wheel and the steering wheel is pasted over with reflective stickers, so the baby will not get lost in the dark.
- the plastic may burst if hit or dropped;
- wide handlebars are uncomfortable for small children.
The best balance bikes for 2-3 years
Above, we reviewed the best balance bikes from various categories. It is also important to pay closer attention to models that are suitable for the child by age. Here is a rating of the best balance bikes for kids 2-3 years old.
Puky LR model M
Model designed for a standard child 2-3 years old, 85-96 cm tall and weighing up to 25 kg. The frame is made of steel, solid tires with a diameter of 25 cm are made of rubber.
- because of the steel frame, the structure of the cross-country bike is very strong;
- solid tires are not subject to wear and are not afraid of glass and other sharp objects;
- large diameter wheels provide a smooth ride on rough roads;
- the height of the steering wheel and seat is adjustable - initially the steering wheel is at a height of 42 cm, and the saddle is 29 cm, but they can be raised by 8 and 6.5 cm, respectively;
- the model is equipped with a footrest - the child can push off with his feet, and then put them on it to ride like on a scooter;
- The protective bumper on the steering wheel will protect the baby from falling.
- heavy weight (3.3 kg);
- there are usually only three color options for this balance bike on sale.
TechTeam Milano 2.0
A balance bike for children weighing up to 35 kg and a height of 85 cm. It is best suited for two-three-year-olds, but the manufacturer claims that children up to 5 years old can use it. The diameter of the wheels of the model is 30 cm. The frame of the balance bike is made of durable aluminum alloy, and the non-pneumatic (solid) tires are made of polyurethane.
- tires do not need to be inflated and cannot be punctured;
- you can adjust the height of the seat (from 27 to 45 cm) and the steering wheel; the latter has three fixed positions at a height of 49, 52 and 55 cm from the ground;
- large diameter wheels make the trip even on very uneven asphalt more comfortable;
- A cross-country bike is equipped with a steering wheel limiter that will not allow the baby to turn sharply and fall because of this.
- hard seat.
Runbike from the German manufacturer Horst. Recommended for children from two to three or four years old.
The frame is made of aluminum alloy and the pneumatic tires are made of rubber. Wheel diameter - 30 cm.
- aluminum alloy is very durable;
- the steering wheel is framed with rubber handles, so the child will be comfortable to hold, and his palms will not sweat and slip off;
- it is possible to adjust the height of the seat;
- The large wheel diameter and the built-in rear shock absorber allow you to ride freely even on uneven paths.
- the tires of this model are pneumatic, that is, they must be inflated, and they are prone to punctures;
- you can not raise the steering wheel;
- The balance bike is only available in blue and red.
GLOBBER Go Bike
The balance bike is made by the French company Globber and is designed for children aged 2-4 years, from 80 cm tall and weighing up to 20 kg.
The frame of the cross-country bike is made of steel and the seat is made of thermoplastic rubber. Tire material - EVA polymer. Wheel diameter - 20 cm.
- the seat has an anatomically correct shape;
- the steel from which the balance bike is made is lighter than usual due to the special composition;
- near the steering wheel - on the fork - there is a reflective strip, and parents will be able to see the child when riding a bicycle even in the dark;
- the height of the seat and steering wheel are adjustable: the saddle can be placed in three positions - at a height of 33, 35 or 37 cm, and the handlebar - in two, at a height of 43 or 48 cm from the ground;
- the steering wheel is decorated with rubber handles that prevent the baby's hands from slipping;
- there are 7 color options.
- Due to the small diameter of the wheels on a balance bike, it is recommended to ride only on a flat road so as not to damage the tailbone of the child.
Runbike Beck ALX
A small pedalless bike designed for very young children aged 1.5 to 2.5 years weighing up to 25 kg. The frame is made of aluminum alloy, tubeless tires are made of EVA polymer.
- a footrest is provided - the baby can put one foot on it, and push off the other, like on a scooter;
- tubeless tires are not afraid of punctures;
- wheels with a diameter of 30 cm will allow you to comfortably ride on asphalt with pits and bumps, and on a country road;
- the handlebar is adjustable to the height of the child, as is the saddle: the handlebar can be raised up to 60 cm, and the seat can be set at a height of 31-39 cm from the ground.
- to raise the saddle up to 50 cm, but you need to purchase an additional seat, which is not included;
- models are available in only three colors.
These are 5 balance bikes that are best suited for children 2 to 3 years old. It is worth noting that all the bikes presented above without pedals are relatively inexpensive, since these are designed for about a year and a half of use.
The best balance bikes for 2 to 5 years
Now it's time to consider the recommended models for children from 2 to 5 years. The following 9 products are the best balance bikes for kids ages 2 to 5. They will be a great solution for those parents who want to purchase one durable bike. We will review these models and find out their advantages and disadvantages.
RIDE PHANTOM 12″ Pulsar
The cool pedalless bike is great for kids aged 2 to 5. Its frame is made of plastic, the fork connecting the steering wheel and the front wheel is made of steel. Transparent plastic frame is decorated with gradient colors. The frame is disassembled, and inside it has a backlight. The tires of this model are rubber and chambered, that is, they need to be inflated. Wheel diameter - 30 cm.
- the steering wheel is decorated with rubber stops, because of which the child's hands will not slip off;
- it is possible to adjust the height of the seat and steering wheel;
- large diameter wheels and tires filled with air absorb shocks doubly well, and this ensures a comfortable ride even on very rough roads;
- the backlight looks stylish and helps parents not to lose sight of the child even in the dark;
- the gradient coloring of the frame and the variety of colors in which the model is made (white, yellow, blue, red, gray) attract and delight children.
- the plastic frame may not survive a collision or drop and crack;
- pneumatic tires will have to be inflated, and they may also burst or puncture;
- you need a lot of batteries for the backlight - in each of the three flashlights in the frame you need to buy three little finger batteries (AAA).
Strider 12 sports
Runbike for children from 1.5 to 5 years. Its frame is made of steel, solid tires are made of EVA polymer. The weight that the model can withstand is 27 kg, and the recommended weight of children who will ride it is 72-112 cm. The diameter of the wheels is 30 cm. The pedalless bike is equipped with a footrest and a protective bumper on the handlebar. Comes with a key to assemble the runbike.
- durable model designed for use for 3.5 years;
- steel is the most durable material for balance bikes, which can withstand impacts in case of a possible fall;
- non-pneumatic tires are not subject to punctures and do not need to be inflated;
- large diameter wheels smooth out the ride on a relief road;
- the footrest will help the child's legs to rest while driving, and the protective bumper will not allow the baby to fly over the steering wheel during heavy braking;
- the ability to raise the steering wheel (from 46 to 56 cm) and the seat (from 28 to 48 cm);
- variety of colors offered.
- high price;
- with active use, the plastic plugs on the wheels may fall off.
Triumf active AL1201
The material of which the frame of this model is made is aluminum alloy, and non-pneumatic tires are made of PVC. It can withstand weight up to 35 kg. Wheel diameter - 30 cm, bike weight - 2 kg. The height of the handlebar and saddle is adjustable, from 45 to 60 cm and from 30 to 43 cm, respectively. The balance bike is equipped with a footrest and rubber grips on the handlebars.
- solid tires that do not need to be inflated;
- the model can withstand a lot of weight - large children can safely ride on it;
- large wheel diameter ensures a smooth ride;
- adjustable steering wheel and seat will allow children from 2 to 5 years old to use the balance bike;
- the footboard will help the kid to have a rest, without having dismounted from a bicycle, and rubber handles on a handlebar do not allow hands to slip.
- the steering wheel and seat are adjustable with a key that is not included;
- the aluminum frame can crack with frequent and sharp descents from the curbs;
- some buyers note that they came across models with plastic rather than steel wheel plugs.
Bike8 Racing EVA
The frame of this balance bike is made of aluminum alloy and the tires are made of EVA resin. The tires are solid, the wheel diameter is 26 cm. The saddle height is 28-38 cm (it can be adjusted). Children 80-115 cm tall will feel most comfortable on this pedalless bike. There is a footrest.
- the light weight of the bike - 2.5 kg - allows the baby to move it freely;
- a footrest allows the child to relax a little while riding a balance bike;
- comes with a key for assembly;
- the manufacturer supplies this bike in six colors.
- high price;
- handlebar height is not adjustable.
JETCAT 14 Race Pro
This balance bike bills itself as a serious, sporty bike for tough young riders. The ideal height for riding on it is 95-130 cm, and the weight is up to 35 kg. The wheel diameter is 35.5 cm, the frame is made of aluminum alloy, pneumatic tires are made of rubber.
- large-diameter inflatable tires smooth out all the bumps in the road when traveling;
- orthopedic, anatomically comfortable seat;
- adjustable seat and handlebar height
- assembly key included.
- high price;
- the model comes without a footrest, you need to pay extra for adding it;
- pneumatic tires will have to be inflated before each new season;
- the weight of the model is 3.2 kg, and it will be difficult for small children to manage it.
Kokua LIKEaBIKE jumper
Runbike from a German manufacturer. Aluminum frame, rubber tires, inflatable. It is possible to change the height of the saddle from 34 to 47 cm from the ground. The wheel diameter is 31.8 cm. The model is recommended for children 90-116 cm tall.
- despite the fact that the tires are pneumatic, they are made with puncture protection technology;
- the rear wheel is equipped with a shock absorber that softens the ride over bumps and has a beneficial effect on the back of the child;
- built-in steering limiter prevents kids from turning sharply and falling; the limiter is easily dismantled;
- large-diameter inflatable tires additionally smooth out the ride over bumps;
- comes to stores in 9 bright colors.
- there is no possibility of adjusting the height of the steering wheel;
- the warranty is valid for only two years, although the model is intended for 3-3.5 years of use;
- large weight (3.4 kg) will cause inconvenience when riding on it for kids aged 2-2.5 years;
- high price.
A model designed for children from 3 to 6 years old, weighing up to 30 kg. The frames are made of magnesium alloy, pneumatic tires are made of environmentally friendly EVA polymer. Wheel diameter - 30 cm. Soft anatomical saddle adjustable from 34 to 45 cm. Handlebar height - 50 cm.
- low cost;
- despite the fact that the frame is made of metal, the total weight of the model is only 2.2 kg;
- high impact resistance due to durable materials;
- good absorption of bumps and bumps on the roads due to large-diameter inflatable tires.
- manufacturer's warranty lasts only 6 months;
- handlebar height is not adjustable.
Forest kids Roly-poly
A bike designed for children aged 3 years and over, weighing up to 30 kg. It is made of metal, and its non-inflatable tires with a diameter of 30 cm are made of EVA polymer. The saddle height is adjustable (35-43 cm).
- very low price;
- solid tires do not need inflation or special care;
- metal frame and fork will not break when dropped;
- you can not change the height of the steering wheel;
- somewhat weak seat mount.
Blade Sport Bos101
Runbike from the Czech manufacturer. It has a plastic frame and inflatable rubber tires with a diameter of 30 cm. It is recommended for children from 3 years old, from 80 cm and weighing up to 50 kg. It is possible to adjust the seat height - from 32 to 45 cm. The height of the steering wheel is 50 cm, it is not adjustable.
- can withstand even children over 5 years old and children "in the body";
- tires filled with air reduce damage to the back of the child when driving over bumps;
- complete with a runbike there is a key for its assembly;
- relatively low price.
- the plastic frame may crack on impact;
- few colors.
Cross-country bike: pros and cons
A balance bike is, in fact, a two- or three-wheeled bicycle without pedals. It only started to gain popularity in the 2010s, so some parents are wary of it and doubt whether it is worth buying. Let's take a look at the pros and cons of cross-country bikes.
Now you are familiar with as many as 9 durable models, with their pluses and minuses. Such a detailed study will help you to think about the choice of a balance bike and decide whether you want to buy one durable and more expensive bike, or several cheaper ones that only last a year and a half.
The history of the appearance of the balance bike
Let's look at how and when mankind invented the bicycle. More specifically, a running bike.
Although balance bikes gained popularity only in the 10s of the 21st century, they were invented a long time ago. In the 19th century, in 1817, the German baron and inventor Karl Dres created a wooden model of a two-wheeled scooter that looked like a bicycle and called it a "running machine". This was the first balance bike in history. In England, the “running car” was nicknamed the “fun horse” or “dandy horse” due to the fact that its outward design resembled a horse, and this invention was popular mainly among young dandies.
But after their success in the 1810s, balance bikes were forgotten for a long time. It wasn't until 1997, when designer Rolf Mertens decided to combine a scooter and a bike to make a cross-country bike for his young son, that the world remembered Karl Drez's invention. By the way, Rolf Mertens is also a German!
It was this event that marked the beginning of the growth in the popularity of balance bikes.
How to choose a balance bike
We studied individual models and companies that produce balance bikes. But still, how to choose a balance bike that is suitable for a child and will serve for a long time? Let's get acquainted with the characteristics that you need to consider when choosing.
The most important rule is that the younger the child, the lighter the vehicle should be. For example, balance bikes for children from 1 year old should weigh a maximum of 2 kg, and a balance bike for children from 5 years old can already weigh 3 kg. If the balance bike is too heavy, the baby will not have enough strength to move it.
The material from which the frame should be made depends on the terrain in which the baby will ride. If the child will drive on a relatively flat road, asphalt, then a plastic or wooden frame is suitable for him. Otherwise, it is better to choose a frame made of metal alloy or steel - it will be more resistant to damage.
For this parameter, it is also important where the child will ride. For roads with potholes and pits, it is better to choose a model with wheels of 25-30 cm or more, as they will absorb shocks. For walking in the yard, wheels with a diameter of less than 25 cm are enough.
Seat and handlebar height adjustment
If you plan to buy one balance bike for several years, then choose models with adjustable seat and handlebar height, “for growth”. If it is assumed that the child will buy new cross-country bikes every year and a half, then the height adjustment of the steering wheel and saddle is not necessary.
The best option is to follow the manufacturer's recommendations, that is, if your child is 2 years old, then you need to look for models designed for ages 2 and up.
Popular balance bike brands
Manufacturers understand that the sale of balance bikes is a promising niche, so more and more new bike companies are appearing on the market. Among them all, the most beloved are the most durable brands that have managed to win the trust of customers. Here are X such firms:
- Kokua. German company. She was the very first to start the production of balance bikes, and her owners are Mertens himself and his brother. On the market since 1997.
- Chillafish. The brand comes from Belgium and has been producing bikes since 2011.
- Strider. US manufacturer exclusively dedicated to the production of cross-country bikes. Works since 2007.
- Puky. The oldest company of all - it has been in business for over 70 years, since 1949, and has recently branched out into the production of pedalless bikes. It is also a German company.
- Runbike. A Russian brand that has been working with balance bikes since 2010.
How to ride
You should ride correctly like this: simultaneously balance on a balance bike, bend your legs or put them on the bandwagon on a trip, or push them off if you need to accelerate. Teach your child this gradually. First, let the baby walk with a bike walker between his legs, get used to it, then try to keep his balance while sitting on the seat, and then try to push with his feet and ride around the room. When he feels comfortable and will not collapse or fall, you can go outside.
How to assemble and adjust a balance bike
The most important thing when assembling is not to try to do these amateur activities without instructions. This can lead to a loose connection of the parts of the balance bike, which can subsequently harm the child (for example, an incorrectly attached wheel will fall off while riding). Each manufacturer puts instructions for assembling their product in the kit. Strictly follow it, and you will succeed. If for some reason there is no instruction, you can search for it on the official website of the company.
Now, if the balance bike has the ability to adjust the height of the handlebar and / or saddle, you need to adjust it to the baby. At a comfortable seat height, the child sitting on it will have their heels touching the floor, but their knees will be slightly bent.
You can calculate the height of the saddle like this: measure the length of the legs of the future driver of a pedalless bike and subtract 3-5 cm from it.
After that, you can start adjusting the steering wheel. Ideally, the child's body should be slightly tilted. It should form a right angle with the legs. If you bought a bicycle without handlebar adjustment, designed for a short time of use, then the height of its saddle is adjusted in such a way that the child will sit in the correct position in any case, so you should not worry.
How the balance bike affects the physical development of the child
Like any other sports equipment, the balance bike develops the baby physically. Let's see what it affects.
Development of coordination and balance
On a regular bike, a child can lean on the pedals. Due to the fact that the balance bike is a children's bike without pedals, the baby has to make more efforts not to fall off it, and this perfectly develops the ability to keep balance.
Perception of space
The kid will need to adjust his path, avoiding obstacles and choosing the most comfortable route for the trip. Somewhere he will have to stop and give way to others, somewhere he will have to brake sharply. So the child will explore the world and learn to navigate in space.
If children ride a balance bike, they will soon begin to walk better. They will no longer feel insecure, they will stand firmer on the ground, and this will help them gain confidence in themselves and their abilities.
Ensuring a safe ride
A balance bike is much safer than a bicycle or scooter. On it, the baby at any time can stop and stand on two legs. Many models are equipped with a protective bumper on the steering wheel. If you also wear a protective helmet on the child, then a safe ride will be guaranteed.
Now that you have learned so much about balance bikes, you can definitely decide which model to buy, how to handle it, and how to teach your child to ride. We wish you successful shopping!