A home ice cream maker is a technique that is bought for the sake of pleasure. The cooking process itself is quite simple, with a convenient and functional device. So that the resulting dessert does not disappoint, you need to carefully approach the choice. In the presented rating of the best ice cream makers, we have collected all the necessary information for you so that you can easily and easily make your choice and acquire such an unusual assistant as an ice cream maker for your culinary masterpieces.
How to choose a good ice cream maker for your home
An ice cream maker is a simple device. This is a blender and one or more bowls in which the required ingredients are whipped. Therefore, the question of how to choose an ice cream maker will not cause any particular difficulties. You must follow the following steps:
- Decide on the budget that you are willing to invest in this purchase.
- Understand the main features.
- Decide which type of cooking process control is right for you.
- Read reviews of different models.
After that, the selected model just needs to be purchased at the store with the best price offer.
Read also: how to choose an electric meat grinder
Check the country of the manufacturer of the ice cream maker by the barcode:
Check any product online:
Five reasons to make ice cream at home
Reasons for making ice cream at home do not need to be invented - they are obvious to everyone:
- The prepared dish will be natural. Store-bought ice cream consists of far from the most useful ingredients. A homemade dessert will not contain anything unnatural, only if the cook himself does not want it.
- Dessert suitable for allergy sufferers. You can choose the ingredients for yourself, excluding everything that causes allergies and is life-threatening.
- Saving. Homemade ice cream will be cheaper for the buyer than buying a quality store product. The ice cream maker will quickly pay for itself.
- You can become an authority in the eyes of children. Knowing how to make ice cream at home will impress the younger generation and make you a better parent, grandparent.
- Space for creativity. You can make any, even the most extravagant ice cream, just by being inspired.
See also: top gas stoves
Rating of ice cream shops - TOP-22
|Category||A place||Product||Rating||Price, ₽|
|Automatic ice cream makers||1||Nemox Gelato NXT-1 L'Automatica||9.9/10||54 400|
|2||Steba IC 180||9.8/10||28 500|
|3||BRAND 3811||9.8/10||16 990|
|4||Gastrorag ICM-1518||9.7/10||16 100|
|5||Nemox Gelatissimo Exclusive||9.7/10||50 000|
|6||Gemlux GL-ICM507||9.6/10||19 960|
|7||ProfiCook PC-ICM 1091 N||9.6/10||28 100|
|Semi-automatic ice cream makers||1||Nemox Dolce Vita 1,5L||9.9/10||9 750|
|2||Kitfort KT-1809||9.9/10||3 650|
|3||Princess 282605||9.8/10||3 400|
|4||Rommelsbacher IM 12||9.8/10||5 999|
|5||Tristar YM-2603||9.7/10||3 370|
|6||Clatronic ICM 3650||9.6/10||3 600|
|7||Gemlux GL-ICM1512||9.5/10||3 300|
|Inexpensive ice cream makers||1||Clatronic ICM 3581||9.9/10||2 990|
|2||ProfiCook PC-ICM 1140||9.8/10||4 790|
|3||Steba IC20||9.7/10||1 800|
|Premium ice cream makers||1||Nemox Gelato Pro 1700||9.9/10||95 000|
|2||Gemlux GL-ICM503||9.9/10||17 600|
|3||Wilfa ICM-C15||9.8/10||29 950|
|4||Unold 48870||9.7/10||47 000|
|5||Nemox Gelato chef 2200 i-Green||9.7/10||40 000|
The best automatic ice cream makers
Nemox Gelato NXT-1 L'Automatica
The most expensive model from the presented list of the best automatic ice cream makers can be chosen in one of 4 color options: white, black, silver and red. The body is made of plastic. The dessert is prepared in a metal bowl with a volume of 1.7 liters.
Nemox Gelato NXT-1 L'Automatica is equipped with a compressor. Its power is 165 watts. Comes with recipe book, 25ml measuring cup and ice cream scoop.
The device weighs almost 13 kg, and the dimensions (LxWxH) are 27x38x22 cm.
- prepares ice cream for no longer than half an hour;
- independently adjusts the freezing time, focusing on the ambient temperature and the density of the resulting mixture;
- touch control buttons;
- signals with color and sound about the stages of cooking;
- protected from overheating;
- can operate at ambient temperatures up to 43°C;
- the output is 1.5 liters of ice cream;
- "Storage" function - maintains the temperature of the prepared dessert for 8 hours, the mode turns on automatically;
- temperature retention can be turned on manually and at the same time select the desired density of the dessert.
- before making ice cream, a special solution is required to be poured into the device each time;
- ingredients are recommended to be pre-mixed with a mixer;
- blades interfere with removing ice cream;
- inconvenient to wash the inner bowl;
- high price.
Steba IC 180
The Steba model is made of metal and comes in silver. The power of the device is 180 watts. The dessert is prepared in a rather voluminous bowl - 2 liters. Equipped with display and timer. The lid has an opening for adding ingredients. The engine is protected from accidental ingress of products.
Read also: rating of sun loungers for newborns
The weight of the model is 11.8 kg. Dimensions - 28.5x42.5x26 cm.
- the timer can be set to 60 minutes in 1-minute increments;
- high-quality materials of the body and bowl;
- backlit display;
- overheat protection;
- "Storage" function;
- parts can be detached, so they are easy to clean.
- complex cooking scheme: it is recommended to pre-beat the ingredients with a mixer;
- high price.
The BRAND automatic ice cream maker will prepare a dessert in a 1 liter bowl in less than an hour. It can be cooled down to -35°C using R134a refrigerant. Equipped with automatic shutdown and additional cooling for an hour.
Read also: how to choose a sewing machine for home
If you want to cook in a non-automatic program, you can change the timer settings and include new ingredients in the dish. You can increase the cooking time and add food during cooking.
The noise level of the device is no more than 50 dB. Power - 135 watts.
The body is made of plastic and metal, the bowl is made of aluminum alloy. Comes with a measuring cup and a spoon, which is convenient to form a scoop of ice cream.
The model weighs 10 kg, dimensions - 34x27x32 cm.
- ease of use;
- convenient control - using the LCD display;
- long cord - 1.6 m.
- unreliable parts - for example, plastic elements of the motor may break;
- assembled in China.
This 150W compressor model has a metal body and bowl. The volume of the bowl is 1.5 liters.
Read also: which stroller to choose for a newborn
There is a display on top of the device, where you can also use the timer if you need to set additional time for making ice cream. The timer can be set for up to one hour in 10 minute increments. Comes with a handy ice cream scoop and measuring cup.
The weight of the model is 12.2 kg. Dimensions - 39x32x33 cm.
- for automatic ice cream makers is inexpensive;
- shows with an indicator which cycle is currently running: mixing or freezing;
- the countdown time is shown on the screen;
- non-stick bowl surface for easy ice cream removal.
- the blades interfere with the ice cream extraction;
- In order for the ice cream to be denser, it must be additionally prepared in the freezer.
Nemox Gelatissimo Exclusive
This rather expensive ice cream maker with a compressor is presented in black and white. It prepares soft ice cream in a 1.7L bowl.
Its power is 135 W, which is enough to perform all functions. The body is made of plastic. Dimensions - 38x27x22 cm.
- metal bowl;
- An additional accessory is an ice cream scoop.
- high price;
- quite heavy, weighs 14 kg.
A Gemlux machine can make 2 liters of natural ice cream in less than an hour. To do this, she needs a lot of power - 180 watts.
The weight of the model is 11 kg. The dimensions are significant in terms of the width parameter - 43 cm, so you need to look for a place in the kitchen for it in advance. Depth - 26 cm, height - 29 cm. Comes with a recipe book.
- the body is made of stainless steel, the bowl is also metal;
- the device is equipped with a display and an electronic timer that can be set for up to an hour in 1 minute increments;
- reasonable price for an automatic ice cream maker.
- very wide;
- high power consumption.
ProfiCook PC-ICM 1091 N
This model is able to prepare not only soft ice cream, but also yogurt. The cooking process takes place in a 1.5 l bowl, protected by a metal case. Together with the ice cream maker, the manufacturer gives a measuring cup and a spoon.
- prepares various desserts;
- for convenience, the device is equipped with a display and a timer in 1-minute increments (maximum time is 1 hour).
- high price.
The best semi-automatic ice cream makers
Nemox Dolce Vita 1,5L
Available in black and white, this ice cream maker looks very elegant. She has a plastic body, and ice cream is prepared in a metal bowl with a volume of 1.5 liters.
Nemox Dolce Vita has dimensions 22x22x33 cm. With a power of 15 W, it prepares the desired dessert in just 30-40 minutes.
- you can cook both ice cream and sorbet;
- the blades are closely adjacent to the walls - there are no unused areas, and hence unmixed ingredients;
- can be used to cool drinks;
- light weight - 2.8 kg.
- for a semi-automatic ice cream maker - a high price;
- it is necessary to freeze the bowl for a long time before cooking;
- not very reliable - users note that after a while the refrigerant begins to leak.
The Kitfort ice cream maker prepares soft creamy desserts. The bowl is made of plastic, its volume is 2 liters. There are no replacement cups included. The body is made of metal and plastic. The model is available in one color option - metallic.
Device power - 12 W, cord - 1.1 m. The device is equipped with a display and a timer for 45 minutes. Comes with a recipe book. This model weighs 3.2 kg.
- low noise level;
- cute design;
- volumetric bowl - you can make 4 servings of ice cream at a time;
- easy to disassemble and wash;
- the ability to set the cooking time;
- the display shows the countdown time;
- takes up little space, its dimensions are 20.4x20.4x23.8 cm.
- the mixture sticks to the walls and bottom of the bowl;
- no spoon included
- the bowl needs a large freezer.
This ice cream maker with a metal body and bowl has a power of 12W. Equipped with a display and a timer that automatically turns on for 20 minutes. It weighs the same as the previous model - 3.2 kg. The dessert preparation cycle takes 40 minutes.
- easy to disassemble and wash, engine and cover are removable;
- The 1.5L bowl can make 2-4 servings of ice cream at a time.
- the cord is a bit short - only 0.8 m;
- the blades do not fit snugly against the walls of the bowl, so a layer of ice remains on them;
- for freezing, the resulting mixture must be frozen during the day;
- there is no instruction in Russian.
Rommelsbacher IM 12
The model of the German company Rommelsbacher is equipped with a 1.5 liter bowl. Power 12 W. The body is metal. Has a timer for 40 minutes, display. Comes with ice cream scoop and bowl lid. Makes 4 servings of soft ice cream.
- simple control of two buttons - cooking ice cream can be made a family leisure and even an exclusively child's duty;
- motor block and agitator are removable for easy cleaning;
- works quietly;
- homogeneous quality batch;
- you can cook frozen yogurt and sorbet;
- overheat protection.
- cooking time cannot be changed;
- does not mix well after the motor has warmed up.
Prepares ice cream in a small bowl with a volume of 0.8 l. The power is also low - only 7 watts, but this is enough for such bowl sizes. The body is made of plastic. The model weighs 3.1 kg. Dimensions - 21x21x27 cm.
- cute design;
- works quietly.
- no display;
- no timer.
Clatronic ICM 3650
The Clatronic ice cream maker is made in a creative format that will appeal to children. She makes ice cream in two 0.5-liter mugs, on which waffle cones with this dessert are drawn. The body is made of plastic. The power of the device is 12 watts. The model has an automatic timer for 45 minutes.
- two cups for cooking;
- you can simultaneously make 2 different types of dessert;
- ice cream due to the small volume of containers is prepared quickly - in just 15-30 minutes;
- Removable mixing whisks for easy cleaning
- original design;
- low price;
- The mugs fit easily into the freezer.
- very noisy;
- no display;
- overheats quickly;
- after pouring the mixture, you can not insert whisks.
Goods from the Gemlux company are made of combined materials: plastic and metal. The most inexpensive model among the best in its segment, while the ice cream bowl has the same volume as the more expensive devices - 1.5 liters. Power 12 W. Weight 2.95 kg. Dimensions - 22.5x22.5x23.6 cm.
The lid of the ice cream maker has a special hole for adding ingredients. You can also watch the cooking process through it. The bowl has double walls, between them a special liquid - this design plays the role of a cold accumulator.
- low price;
- there is a display with a countdown and a timer for 20-40 minutes;
- simple design and easy operation;
- freezes ice cream down to -5°C per cycle;
- The top panel is detachable so the bowl and lid can be easily cleaned under water.
- according to user reviews - it has an unpleasant odor, which is difficult to get rid of;
- aluminum bowl;
- before mixing, it takes 12 hours to cool the tank for ingredients;
- made in China.
The best inexpensive ice cream makers
Clatronic ICM 3581
The Clatronic Sorbet Maker is capable of making about 800 g of soft ice cream in a 1 liter bowl. The case is made of plastic, there are rubberized legs. Product power - 12 watts.
The device is semi-automatic. It mixes the ingredients for 20-40 minutes, and then the mixture must be kept in the freezer at a temperature not exceeding -18 ° C for 12-24 hours. During the kneading process, you can put additives into the dessert through a special hole in the lid.
Weighs 2.3 kg. Dimensions - 21x21x23 cm.
- low price;
- prepares ice cream, yoghurts and sorbets;
- just one button - no need to deal with the controls.
- the bowl needs to be cooled for 12-24 hours before mixing the ingredients;
- the container takes up a lot of space in the freezer;
- the blades do not reach all places in the bowl, unmixed ingredients remain;
- manual control, no auto-off with a timer.
ProfiCook PC-ICM 1140
The case of this model is made of metal. The volume of the bowl with double walls is 1.8 liters. The height of the bowl is 14.3 cm, the diameter is 19.2 cm. The power of the device is 12 watts. Prepares sorbet in a semi-automatic mode.
- equipped with a display, a timer for 5-45 minutes;
- can automatically turn off when the batch is completed.
- unreliable whisk;
- the blades do not reach the bottom and walls of the bowl.
Steba IC 20
The Steba brand semi-automatic ice cream maker is made of plastic. An inexpensive model with a low power of 9.5 W prepares ice cream in a 1.5 liter bowl. Model dimensions - 20x24x20 cm.
- fully disassembled - easy to wash;
- there is an opening in the lid for adding ingredients;
- long power cord;
- equipped with a 30 minute timer.
- very noisy;
- the whisk does not reach the bottom and walls.
Nemox Gelato Pro 1700
The cost of this ice cream maker varies between 85-95 thousand rubles. This is the most expensive model in the rating of ice cream makers for home. It has a power of 165W and prepares desserts in a 1.7L bowl. The body and bowl are made of metal, the model is available in gray. Has good reviews on the Market.
After preparation, ice cream can be removed from the device in a removable metal bucket and served using a special spoon that comes with the kit. Also, for the convenience of cooking, the manufacturer gives a measuring container with a volume of 25 ml.
The device weighs 12.5 kg. Depth, width and height - 38x27x22 cm.
- prestigious design and hand polishing;
- semi-professional model - suitable not only for an apartment, but also for various institutions;
- powerful motor;
- keep warm function.
- very high price.
The model has simple controls that even a child can handle. For convenience, it is equipped with a display and a timer for 1-60 minutes.
The body is made of stainless steel. The mixing tank has a volume of 1.5 liters. The power of this ice cream maker with a compressor is 150 watts. Included are a special spoon for ice cream and a measuring container of 250 ml.
- low cost in its segment;
- no special preparation of the ice cream maker is required - it cooks right away;
- ease of management - just one function;
- the lid has a hole for adding ingredients;
- The stirrer is removable, which simplifies the washing process.
- easily soiled body - there are traces even from the touch of fingers;
- the model is quite overall: depth, width and height - 26.2x42.5x28.4 cm, weighs 11 kg;
- the cooking process is long (compared to other automatic models) - 1 kg of dessert in 1 hour.
The compressor model of the Wilfa brand has a rectangular shape and is available with a brushed steel color option. At the top is a blue-backlit LCD.
The body and bowl are made of metal. The ice cream maker has a power of 150 watts. Dessert is prepared in a 1.5 liter bowl. Makes fluffy and smooth ice cream and sorbet. Freezing is carried out at a temperature of -18°C ... -35°C.
- stylish design;
- all parts (bowl, kneading blades, lid) can be removed from the ice cream maker, so they are easy to clean.
- takes up a lot of space;
- dimensions - 28x40x25 cm and weight - 15 kg.
The Unold ice cream maker with a custom mosaic design has a powerful 180W motor and a large 2L bowl. Made of reliable materials: metal bowl and body. Equipped with everything you need for convenient process control - a display and a timer from 5 to 60 minutes. Has 3 operating modes.
The weight of this premium model is 13 kg. Dimensions - 32x28x36 cm. The cord is 1.4m long.
- ice cream maker from a German manufacturer;
- according to the results of a comparison carried out by a German magazine, it was rated "excellent";
- whips mixtures quickly (speed - 64 rpm);
- makes 1.5 kg of ice cream in half an hour;
- reliable compressor;
- the keep warm function is activated automatically at the end of cooking and can work up to 2 hours.
- not found.
Nemox Gelato chef 2200 i-Green
This Italian ice cream maker prepares desserts in 20-30 minutes, although it has a low power of 100 watts. Preparation is carried out in a 1.5 liter tank. Cooling occurs thanks to R290 refrigerant.
The body is made of ABS plastic, which can be recycled after the product is disposed of.
This ice cream maker weighs 10 kg. Dimensions - 35x24x30 cm. Comes with a special spatula and a measuring container.
- has 2 metal bowls - one of them is removable, which is convenient to remove;
- paddle nozzles are suitable for both fixed and removable bowls;
- overheat protection;
- there are no elements inside the bowl that interfere with the extraction of ice cream;
- a book with exclusive Italian recipes and a gift box included.
- high price.
Ice cream makers are divided into 3 types:
The first option is now practically not in demand, since the ingredients must be whipped by hand. Therefore, buying such equipment is also quite problematic. However, some people believe that handmade ice cream is the best.
The second type is the most convenient, but at the same time the most expensive option. Automatic ice cream makers do everything for you as soon as you add the ingredients. The necessary products will be whipped and frozen themselves, since such devices are equipped with a compressor. This species prepares dessert faster than others - in 30-40 minutes. For them, you do not need to look for a place in the freezer. However, you need to be prepared to increase the cost of electrical energy after purchasing such a device.
The third type only kneads ice cream on its own. The remaining manipulations must be performed by the cook. Make sure in advance that the bowl of the machine will enter the refrigerator. Otherwise, cooling the dessert will cause inconvenience - you will have to transfer the mixture from the bowl to other containers.
The main criteria for choosing a good ice cream maker
The best ice cream maker for the home does not have to meet all the criteria ideally. Before buying, you need to figure out what is more important. First of all, they look at control, volume and material, but other parameters may be important to you.
First of all, you should decide on the desired type of home ice cream maker. If the main thing for you is kneading to a homogeneous structure, then a simple semi-automatic model will suffice. If you want to quickly get the finished product, then you should prepare a budget for buying an automatic ice cream maker.
Management is mechanical and electronic. Devices of the first type are pre-cooled, then the blades are turned on using a mechanical handle. It is necessary to turn the lever every 3-4 minutes. Such actions have to be done for about 45 minutes.
Electronically controlled mechanisms produce kneading independently after a single switch-on. Then, depending on the type of ice cream maker, it remains only to freeze them or immediately start eating.
In this metric, more is not better. The volume of the bowl directly affects the kneading time. The large bowl has more ingredients and takes longer to blend.
You can buy models with bowls from 0.3 to 2 liters, but when deciding how to choose an ice cream maker for your home, it is better to calculate from the number of family members. For example, if a portion for one person is about 150 g, then for a family of 3 people you need to take a device with a bowl of 0.8 l. It is important to remember that the volume of the mixing tank is not equal to the amount of ice cream coming out. The formula is simple: subtract 100 from the volume and you get the approximate amount of the finished dessert.
An important criterion on which the time of obtaining the desired dessert depends. If the choice fell on semi-automatic models, then it is recommended to choose devices with a power of at least 15 watts. In this case, the mixture will be ready no later than 40 minutes (however, you still have to wait until it freezes).
The same figure for automatic ice cream makers is many times higher. At least 150 W is required for such an apparatus to ensure the operation of the compressor and engine.
Devices are made of plastic and metal. Usually, attention is paid only to the material from which the bowl is made. So, a stainless steel container will last longer. But the plastic tank will be much cheaper.
The body material also plays an important role. Poor-quality plastic housing may be less durable, as well as other parts made of this material. In addition, metal appliances often look more prestigious.
|Maximum cycle time (min)||30||45-60|
|Control||Electromechanical||Electronic control with LCD display|
|Maintaining temperature and consistency||Not||There is|
|The presence of a timer||Not||There is|
|Advantages|| || |
|disadvantages||Place the bowl in the freezer first.||high cost, impressive weight and dimensions|
Semi-automatic ice cream makers are usually smaller than automatic ones. Therefore, if you need a compact model for a small kitchen, then it may be more appropriate to buy the first option. However, they also differ in height, width and depth. You should pay special attention to this if you want your new equipment to have its own place where it will not interfere.
The presence of a compressor
The compressor is in automatic models. That is, compressor models are the same as automatic ones. The compressor cools the bowl and, accordingly, turns the mixture into a dense dessert.
The best ice cream makers are not limited to making just one type of dessert. They are able to make yogurt, sorbet, sherbet and various drinks. If you want to try different desserts from the same device, look for models with additional features. In addition, this will save you from buying additional equipment - for example, a yogurt maker.
Also, additional functions include the presence of a timer or a sound signal about the end of the process.
An important option for ice cream makers is "Storage". Such models are able to maintain temperature conditions after cooking is completed so that the ice cream does not melt.
How an ice cream maker works
The main point of buying a homemade ice cream maker is in the mechanism of its action. It freezes and mixes the ingredients at the same time. In this way, liquid ingredients do not freeze into an inhomogeneous mixture with pieces of ice, but turn into a smooth, dense mass.
The operation of ice cream makers (unless they are mechanical) is carried out thanks to an electric motor. It, by actuating the blades, is able to mix the ingredients to a smooth, uniform structure, which will freeze into a homogeneous dessert. Cooling occurs due to the refrigerant, which is located between the walls of the bowl.
Mixes for making ice cream
Ice cream can be prepared from natural ingredients and from dry mixes.
The latter option is suitable for those who do not want to search for the perfect recipe through trial and error. Ice cream made from a dry mix will not crystallize into ice, making it quick. The only difficulty is the question of which mixture to choose. However, the use of dry mixes deprives the chef of the possibility of a creative approach to his dessert.
Therefore, after buying an ice cream maker, many people cook according to recipes. The main ingredients in them are cream, milk and sugar. Additionally, you can add fruits, berries, chocolate, etc. In some recipes (for example, French ice cream), yolks are included in the list of basic ingredients.
Reviews of ice cream makers
I bought an ice cream maker for my daughter (she is 10 years old). She prepares the treat herself. There are many recipes on the Internet. Everything is still working out, even the simplest of 200 ml of milk and 200 ml of cream (well, sugar, of course).
Ice cream in the ice cream maker is super, can not be compared with the purchased! Homogeneous, soft, without ice. And it is not difficult to prepare it, it takes a little time and effort. The only downside is, if you buy a semi-automatic, that the bowl must first be cooled, but the price is much lower than for automatic machines.
Cooking ice cream with different berries, chocolate custard. Very delicious. It all depends on what products are included. Excellent quality ice cream. All family members, friends and relatives are delighted.
I use it for a short time, but I am very satisfied. Ice cream turned out great, no ice, very tasty. True, I made butter with whipped cream. I don't know about other recipes. And so satisfied with the purchase. Ice cream can be eaten in 10 minutes. If you want it colder, then longer. But for a large family, the capacity is small.
In general, the device fully justified its price, it turns out a lot of ice cream (for 2 adults and 3 children, that’s it)
Now that you have learned so much information about ice cream makers, you will definitely be able to decide which model to buy, how to handle it and how to learn how to make unforgettable desserts and delight your loved ones. We wish you successful shopping!