A good and well-known brand is created over the years, and after hard and long work, these same brands are valued in the millions. Everything is logical here: the colossal work is quite justified, and all costs are paid off in the end. But not all business representatives are clean-handed - some entrepreneurs decide to take a short cut and immediately bask in the glory of famous brands.
Check a branded item for a fake by barcode:
- What is brand replica
- How to distinguish a replica from the original
- Brand clothing
- Why create plagiarism
- What is meant by the word pal
- What is better to buy a replica or an original thing
- What is the danger if they copy you
- Copies of brands - a selection of examples
- What to do if you got a fake
What is brand replica
A replica of a product is its absolute copy, which is made from expensive materials. It is very difficult to distinguish an original thing from a replica, a simple man in the street is unlikely to be able to.
This fake option is made for people who want to have a certain thing of the appropriate quality, but not overpay several times for a brand name.
A fake is also a copy of the original thing, only the materials for creation are many times cheaper, for example, plain glass is used instead of crystals.
How to distinguish a replica from the original
There are several main parameters by which you can distinguish a replica from the original.
- Price. Usually a brand name can be very expensive, and if the store has a cheap but high-quality version, then this is a replica.
- No serial number.
Experts note that even the most self-respecting squares can sell replica watches. If you do not want to contact a specialist, you will have to carefully examine the product. A replica can be given out by displaced and uneven inscriptions, dates, and glass distortions. It will also help to determine the original quality strap.
It is very difficult to distinguish a replica from the original in terms of bags. There is no general rule for this type of accessory. For example, for Pinko bags, checking will not be so difficult, a chip is sewn into the back wall. It can be simply read using the application on the phone. If the bag is original, then its owner will be taken to the Pinko website and will receive an email with the authentication results. It is with the help of such a code that they usually check the authenticity of many other brands, for example, Louis vuitton. When buying a Prada handbag, the buyer is issued a certificate of authenticity.
Quite often, they began to make replicas of sports shoes. In the case of Adidas, the first thing to check when buying is a sticker on one side of the tongue.
The inscriptions must be clearly visible. There are unique codes on the left and right shoes, which must be different.
This is a clear indicator of originality. The same system works with the Reebok brand. The tongue has a batch code that matches the code on the box. In the situation with New Balance, the sticker on the inside of the tongue must be present. And the serial number on it must match the barcode on the box.
The sticker must glow under ultraviolet light, with the exception of sneakers that were made in England.
For jewelry, there is a fairly easy way, namely, checking the brand, which is usually placed on the finished jewelry. The numbers should be clearly visible and easy to read.
You can start with an obvious detail, branded clothes are in most cases sold in official stores.
On the labels of branded items there is a barcode, usually located on the wrong side of the item.
One of the obvious indicators of the originality of clothing is the price. If the store has a copy of a thing with a price much lower than in official stores, then this is a replica.
A small reminder of the differences between the original branded item and its replica:
|Price||High price||Relatively cheap|
|Place of sale||Brand stores and online stores of fashion houses||Ordinary shops, underground passages, markets, online auctions|
|accessories||High quality buttons, zippers, fasteners, rivets||Cheap and poor quality hardware|
|Clothing quality||High-quality, natural and expensive fabrics. All seams and lines of clothing should be even and strong.||Cheap materials, protruding threads, poorly sewn elements and falling off accessories|
|Name, logos||Original logos, correctly spelled brand name||Mistakes in the spelling of the name, differences from the original brand logo|
|Package||Beautiful and original packaging||Cheap or no packaging materials|
Signs of originality vary by brand. For example, for the Polaroid company, polarization will be the most obvious. Thanks to this aspect, glare is not visible on glasses and water. A relatively common indicator of originality is the price. Too low a price that does not match the brand name speaks for itself.
Why create plagiarism
Fake brands are created for two main reasons:
- The popularity that the brand already has. Due to the name of the brand, the manufacturer can be significantly enriched;
- Consumer trust. Manufacturers of well-known brands have been on the market for many years and have managed to establish themselves. The creators of fakes get easy money because of the image of a famous name.
What is meant by the word pal
For a Russian layman, the word "pal" means something of poor quality, a fake or a replica of a branded item. Chinese clothing is something that immediately appears in the imagination.
Pal is bought in the markets, in cheap shops.
The word has a negative connotation, but it can also be a pretty well-made replica of branded clothing.
What is better to buy a replica or an original thing
Many people are faced with the question of whether it is better to purchase an original item, or to opt for a replica. Each option has its own advantages.
|Quality is higher||These things are cheaper.|
|Higher wear time||It makes sense to opt for a fake if the thing is rarely used|
Many buyers also note that they prefer the replica. The main advantage of counterfeiting well-known brands is the price, from which other reasons come out.
What is the danger if they copy you
In most cases, fakes do not harm the original brands in any way. But there are also troubles that replicas can bring:
- Decrease in sales volume. Stores that sell competitors' products select a certain part of customers who may succumb to lower prices or simply not notice that they are buying a non-branded item.
- Reputational damage. The analogue is certainly not only cheaper, but also worse in quality. If a person bought a fake and was disappointed in the quality, he will think badly about your brand. The image suffers, word of mouth is triggered, customers leave - real and potential.
Copies of brands - a selection of examples
Full copying of the brand name can be a reason for initiating a criminal case. Therefore, businessmen usually choose a different path. They create logos or names close to the famous original, analogues of brands. Such fake brands can provide a good income for the manufacturer.
- On the streets of the country, cafes with the name Shawarma began to appear en masse, the first letter of which copies the McDonald's logo with one change. He was turned over.
- In stores, you can buy Alpen Krone branded chocolate, the packaging and product names are suspiciously similar to the popular Alpen Gold brand.
- Chocolates Ritter SPORT and VITASPORT also look similar at a glance - in shape, design elements and writing.
- OREO cookies, under which BORIO quite successfully mimics.
- Be careful when choosing a pate among the abundance of producers on the shelves, because instead of Hame you can accidentally buy Nashe - the packaging and style are too similar.
- "Mr. Quack" is a cleaner that is very similar to "Toilet Duck".
- DOCHA & CABANOV jeans instead of Dolce & Gabbana and a few more clearly non-luxury brand items.
What to do if you got a fake
First, you need to contact the seller with a request for a refund. The product can be returned within the warranty period or, if it is not specified, within 2 weeks. Even if the seller refuses to return the money, this does not mean that the buyer remains defenseless. You can make a formal request. If it is not satisfied, then the buyer has every right to apply to the courts, and it is possible to demand that the seller satisfy the costs.